Friday, September 24, 2010

the movie Paper Heart... last story...



There I was,
on the road again.
I was holding tight
to my motorcycle
and Michael was holding tight
to my muscles.
This wasn't the end
of our journey.
We still had a long long way
back to sunny California,
just me and my man.
And being the wild horse
that I was,
I couldn't help but drive
really fast...
so fast, in fact...
that the cops began to chase us.
I didn't know what to do,
but I knew I couldn't have
let them stop me.
I'd come too far.
I zigzagged,
spelled my name in cursive,
I went up on one wheel,
then I went up on no wheels...
nothing.
Bullets whizzed by
on both sides.
I turned to Michael and said,
"If you want to turn back now, baby,
I'll understand.
You've gotten yourself involved
with a very dangerous broad."
"No, I don't want to turn back now.
I kind of like danger."
Perfect.
They fired off one last shot
and this time
it didn't miss.
With fire behind me,
I got up,
bruised and battered
from the horrible crash.
The cops pointed their guns at me.
I looked at Michael.
He was hurt. He was hurt bad.
The captain yelled
through his megaphone,
threatening to shoot,
but I didn't care.
And I told them that too.
I told them,
"I don't care!
Life is too short to be wondering what if!
Sometimes you just gotta live
and see what happens,
even if you get hurt.
Sometimes you can only feel something
if you take a risk.
And I, Charlyne Yi,
am taking that risk.
Arghh-hh-hh!"


And with that,
the captain took off his sunglasses


to reveal a single tear.


I looked around
and all the cops were crying.


The captain looked at me and said,


"Go on, get the hell out of here,
you crazy kid."


And so I threw Michael
over my shoulder


and walked off into the distance,


never looking back.


And, um, that's pretty much
what happened. Right?


Yeah, that's exactly
what happened.

No comments: